- Preliminary Design for single-stage, multi-stage and multi-module turbomachines.
- Meanline/Streamline Analysis allows users to check the performance, velocity triangles, leakages, etc. of a machine for any set of boundary conditions as well as review the streamwise and spanwise distribution of thermodynamic, kinematic and loss parameters.
- AxMAP for performance mapping of operational conditions and geometric variations for a given design.
- AxPLAN of various design tasks, utilizing fast design of experiment (DoE) study methods.
- Profiling and 3D Blade Design to create and edit 3D airfoils via various geometric features and interactive charts for plane sections profiling and 3D blade stacking.
- AxCFD for the calculation of 2D and 3D analysis in blade-to-blade channels.
- AxSTRESS for rapid 3D finite element analysis on blades and attachments.
- AxSLICE used for reverse engineering to extract the profile geometry of 3D blade models to analyze existing machines in the AxSTREAM software platform
- Bearing Calculation and Analysis to determine the hydrodynamic performance and mechanical characteristics of journal (radial load and axial thrust), aero, squeeze film dampers and rolling element bearings as well as annular seals.
- RotorDynamics used to calculate rotor trains natural frequencies (including modes shape), unbalance response and conclude on stability for both lateral and torsional analyses while accounting for accurate bearing and support characteristics.
- RotorDesign for the complete design of rotors based on blades number, their position and attachments, etc. which can be used as standalone or as a link between flow path design and rotor dynamics analysis.
AxSTREAM ION Software – Co-Simulation Environment
- AxSTREAM ION for process automation, artificial intelligence, digital twin generation, and multidisciplinary optimization
AxCYCLETM Software – Thermodynamic Simulation
In addition to AxSTREAM®, SoftInWay provides AxCYCLETM for thermodynamic simulation and heat balance calculations of heat production and energy conversion cycles. Capabilities and features include:
- AxCYCLE for thermodynamic cycle simulation including fossil and nuclear steam power plants, cooled and uncooled gas turbine plants, oxy-combustion, aerospace gas turbines engines, combined, cogeneration, sCO2 (supercritical carbon dioxide), ORC, geothermal, binary, molten salt, waste heat recovery and heat pumps /refrigeration cycles.
- AxCYCLE Economics for cost estimation, selection of power generation technology and process scheme, fuel type selection, comparison of different scenarios and projects, and lifecycle economics.
AxSTREAM NET Software – 1D System Modeling and Simulation
- AxSTREAM NET for thermal-fluid system modeling and analysis
- AxSTREAM.SPACE™ – Liquid propulsion system development
Siemens CAE Software
SoftInWay is now a Siemens Channel Partner for the turbomachinery industry providing Star CCM+ for multiphysics CFD, NX CAD, and Simcenter 3D for structural CAE.
- STAR-CCM+ – Multiphysics CFD
- Simcenter 3D – Structural CAE
- NX and Solid Edge – CAD